View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 12:44 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

1. How long have you been collecting pre-war cards?

Since about 2001, when I was 10.

2. What is the approximate largest number of pre-war cards/items you've
ever owned at any one time?

378 baseball cards according to my spreadsheet. I have sold a few duplicates recently, traded some over the years, but cards leave my collection at a very small rate, and come in at a higher one. Most cards I buy will never leave, unless I get a duplicate of it in a lot.

3. Approximately how many pre-war cards/items do you currently still own?

378 baseball cards, ~3,000 from other sports, about ~11,000 total pre-war cards sport/non-sport. Mostly centered in the 1909-1912 ATC/ALC sets.

4. What is/are the most significant card(s)/item(s) you currently own?
(Not what you may have owned at one time.)

I am not interested in the money game, so my most significant cards are my sentimental favorites. My T205 Livingston that started my collection, the T3 Schlei that was my first cabinet, the E94 Joe Lake that was my first caramel. Other cards I would consider significant are cards that found new variations or I learned something from in boxing and non-sport sets, though they would not be significant to most.

5. What complete sets or near complete sets (say 75% or more) do you
currently own?

In baseball, none. My baseball pre-war are mostly opportunistic pickups, a card I like at a good deal. I will pursue a complete set when I have a majority bought on bargain, but usually not until then. I have complete or near complete master sets of many boxing and non-sport issues, as set collecting is my preferred way. "Overpaying" to finish a bird or boxer issue is a lot more palatable than Cobb's and Wagner's when my personal enjoyment of all 3 subjects are about the same.