View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 05:42 PM
Alex

Default Minimizing your Losses

The problem that haunts every collector and dealer in this industry, how to minimize our losses. I was selling some of my leftover modern stuff to a reputable dealer who pays very fair prices. The transaction ended up being for a sum of money that was way below what I initially wanted. Maybe its just the fact that its modern cards. Does this occur often with vintage? It seems that ebay and auction houses to us seem cheap but then when you go to sell off a part of your collection down the road, your being offered less then ebay(of course because of fees and what not), but is there a way to cut down on your losses or is it just the hobby. Of course you can sell them one by one and wait for the right offers but this takes a lot of time and effort that many people just dont want to go through with. In the end its slightly depressing to know that your collection will always sell for less then what you paid for it.

Thanks, Alex.

P.S. Just seeing if anyone has had similar experiences. Just my own little rant on the topic.
#1 Clay Buchholz Collector!
Looking for a "raw" 1 1953 Topps Mantle!