View Single Post
Old 12-28-2019, 08:47 PM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferyepayne View Post

Your third point isn't a valid argument, though. Net54 is a BASEBALL forum that has a single football category. IMHO this forum is not where football collectors go to buy/sell/talk about football for the most part. There are some great football facebook groups out there that have a lot of traffic. Also my Vintage Football Community (VFC) forum where we've had more new football threads started in the past 17 months than Net54 has had football threads in the past 8 years. And that is not a slight on Net54 at all as football isn't its main focus!
You're right. It's the same reason why the hockey/basketball forum is dead. It's not as if they aren't sought-after, because they definitely are, however, collectors of these cards just don't come on here looking for them.

I also want to say that I wasn't taking a jab at football cards because I love them! I recently had a buddy of mine, who owed me some money over some hockey cards that I had given him, ask me if I was interested in taking some of his vintage football cards instead of cash and I told him it depended on what he had. The guy sent me a photo and I nearly fell out of my chair! He had this big lot of 57s! Now the Unitas was OC, and most of them are like this, however, his Starr was beautiful! I phoned him right up and I was like "yes, yes, I want it!"

I have read hundreds of future predictions on this forum, but the statements being made by MRSPORTSCARDCOLLECTOR are completely nuts! Here is his recent one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSPORTSCARDCOLLECTOR View Post
I honestly don't think the Mick has a chance against Tom Brady with future generations. I would be selling my Mickey Mantles key cards now to load up on Tom Brady key cards.
I was trying to figure out why he kept making these statements until he posted this earlier today on the main forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSPORTSCARDCOLLECTOR View Post
For me I am not a fan of the current Houston Astros, and this was before the cheating scandal. I usually like everybody. Just something about that team. btw I am a Red Sox fan.
I rest my case.