View Single Post
Old 02-16-2023, 09:42 AM
Dave.Horn.ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODAWGS31 View Post
No Dave unfortunately I don't have #97, do have #98 which is the Robert E Lee card.

I was going to reach out to you because I got my PSA status update this morning on the batch submission of these cards and PSA has the baseball card subjects all messed up in terms of the year listed and card #. They have half the baseball cards listed as '56 Hocus Focus and the other half as '55's even though they are clearly the same smaller sized cards all with non-perforated edges (which makes them the '55 versions). I have reported the errors on the submission so hopefully they will get this fixed. 3 of the cards have never had an example graded before with a 0 pop (Mel Parnell, Dick Groat, and Jim Rivera).
it's possible #97 is U.S. Grant, I would love to get that confirmed and finish off the checklist of subjects after 68 years. Both sizes are 1955 of course, but at this point it's easier just to call the large ones 56's. I'm not surprised they messed up the labeling; depending upon which guide they use as a resource, they may be looking at a mixed checklist of large and small subjects. Certainly they have an incomplete checklist for the small cards so may just guess on some.