View Single Post
Old 05-12-2021, 08:16 PM
Chris

Default Collecting habit glitches I’ve noticed about myself - what are yours?

I’m coming to the end of my latest collecting project - the 1952 Topps low number complete set. I need 8 more cards from series 5 and the Maxwell from series 3 and I’m done. All relatively easy cards to obtain. But as I near the end of this project I started thinking about my prior quests and noticed and trend that is now bothering me.

Previous projects:

What I identified as my top tier T206s that I could realistically get: Tris Speaker plus one each of Cobb, Young, Johnson, Mathewson, and Lajoie. I have them all except for Cy Young.

Before that my project was every hall of fame rookie card from Topps 1952-1959. I have everything except the 59 Gibson.

Before that it was the same thing for the 60s. Every hall of fame rookie card. I have them all except Niekro.

Another project was a run of Topps complete sets from 1970 to present. I have them all except for 1972.

You get the picture. Every project I’ve embarked on, I’ve moved on from with only 1 card or set needed - and usually not the most expensive or hardest to find. What is that about myself? I’ve loved all of these collecting journeys. Maybe subconsciously I don’t want to see them end? I always plan out my next project while completing the current one. Maybe I get too excited for the next one and jump the gun too soon?

Anyway, I’m left here thinking about which of the 9 1952 Topps low numbers is inevitably going to get left behind in the coming weeks.

Also, if any of you want to make a deal on a T206 Young,59 Gibson, Niekro rookie, or 72 set, it would probably be very therapeutic for me

Do any of you do something similar? What are your “glitches?”

Last edited by Cmvorce; 05-12-2021 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Wrong card named.