View Single Post
Old 04-28-2023, 11:03 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
It's impossible to block Vegas after so many states legalized sports gambling after the courts changed the hold Vegas and Atlantic City held.

We have sports gambling in Michigan now, should they have been forced to move all 4 professional teams for a decision at the state legislative level?

I expect the gap of not having the NBA in Vegas to be filled in the next few years as well. They do an amazing job of bringing in teams alienated by local governments and have a solid fanbase along with a cheap airfare for visiting fans to attend as well.

If I was any of these teams asking for improvements I would be looking at Vegas already.
Baseball was at least publicly taking the high road and avoiding gambling at all costs. Putting a franchise in Vegas is just hypocritical unless they abandon the rules they've had for a hundred years.

But that seems to be the new "in" thing, chase the money while making the produt worse.
Other sports have at least acknowledged the gambling aspect while trying to keep players and officials out of it.

But "everyone is gambling so it's ok!"

Eff it, I'm getting out my Hartford Jai Ali glasses and displaying those instead of baseball stuff.