Thread: Latest Pickups
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2020, 10:50 PM
David L.

Hello all,

I don’t really post much but I’ve been selling some cards and meeting so many great people that I figured I should at least pop on, say thanks, and post some cards.

I’m a low grade pre-WWI boxing set builder. I’m also a Jack Johnson and Joe Jeannette “active career” collector. I started collecting Johnson cards about nine or so years ago. They were relatively cheap then and I managed to pick up the common ones and many of the harder ones. Things stalled about a year ago as prices went up. I resorted to making desperate posts in the BST looking for a low grade e77, Susini, etc.

... Then one evening (PST), Scooter729 posts a horrible condition e77 Johnson on eBay. Scott had once sold me one of my favorite cards in my collection, a N162 Sullivan. So, I proceed to absolutely blow up his inbox. He’s was really kind about it all. The rest is history. Thanks Scott!

The e77 is pretty rare but not one of my favorites. Why does it look like Jack is in the process of balding??

The Johnson fits in well with a stack of terrible condition e77s that I just bought from Rhy. As a low-grade set builder, it amazing to find nine cards from the e77s in a week!

Finally, I made a trade with RC. Thanks so much! Even in bad shape it’s a gorgeous card.

So thanks everyone! Thanks for helping me get further in a Johnson collection than I ever thought that I would. Also, thanks for purchasing some cards so I can feed the habit! It’s very much appreciated!

Be well!
David