View Single Post
Old 11-13-2021, 12:02 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnVT View Post
Over the past year, I've become pretty bored with cards...seems like the same stuff in every auction and most of the cards that I have had an interest in are either drying up or overpriced. My focus has shifted some in recent months to historically significant baseball memorabilia. I see this as a niche that offers the ability to gain significantly more knowledge and growth as s collector. For me, it's time to broaden my interest...anyone in the same boat? If so, what (beyond cards) keeps you interested and actively collecting?
I entered this phase about 25 years ago. Memorabilia is so much more unique, less mass-produced, and provides a much closer link to the teams and players.

My preferred segments are vintage pennants, ad signs, photos, statues, trophies, game used uniforms and bats, and early equipment spanning the 1870s - 1970s.

There's no shortage of great items to collect, but a lot has dried up in past years. Cards recycle all the time, but the good/rare memorabilia tends to remain in collections until the Grim Reaper comes calling.