View Single Post
Old 01-08-2002, 10:08 PM
Administrator

Default Nobody's perfect - including Mastro and SGC

Posted By: MW

"I think it is possible that Mastro may have intended to fully authenticate the bat after their catalogue deadline (but before the auction) with the expectation based on limited provenance that their examination would confirm the authenticity"

WHAT???

Imagine an auction house pulling half of their lots because they didn't have time to fully authenticate them before the auction started (only to find out later that a great many items were NOT authentic). If this is standard operating procedure for MastroNet (as you suggest is possible), then there is something seriously wrong.

And how about the Ichiro autograph and inscription??? How do you explain that??? Both it and the bat were judged to be authentic.

FYI: The Chamberlain 100-point basketball was not pulled but it WAS relabeled as the replacement ball used after the 100 point ball was removed from the game.

Finally, I disagree with your comment about having anti-Mastro sentiment. To the best of my knowledge, I have never previously written anything negative about MastroNet on this board.