View Single Post
Old 01-08-2002, 10:34 PM
Administrator

Default Nobody's perfect - including Mastro and SGC

Posted By: Plastic Dog

Give me a fricking break MW. You used to slam Mastro as much as possible on the Full Count board. Here I was, trying to agree with you while offering a potential explanation that at minimum merits discussion, and you get defensive and argue around the fringes of my point. Look, it is not inconceivable that based on limited information from an outside source whom someone at Mastro considered reliable (though obviously not) that the lot was placed in the catalogue with the expectation that the bat and autograph would be authenticated before the actual sale. It's possible that neither the bat nor the autograph were yet authenticated (but with the full expectation that they were authentic based on some faulty, limited information - thus the political anologies before). This might be isolated, it might not. It's still a major blunder, but at least there should be discussion as to whether this is a problem with their authentication process (very serious) or with their auction procedures (correctable). Quit getting so defensive when I'm trying to agree with you that this was a big mistake and that there were obvious questions concerning the bat/autograph that should have been apparent. But at least they pulled the lot - though I don't know whether this was identified internally or brought to their attention from outside.