View Single Post
Old 10-03-2020, 02:41 PM
J@mes In.gram

Default Building 1953 Bowman Color Full Set

Well, I have decided to take the plunge and build a full set of 1953 Bowman color cards. Who could know? But I do have many cards over what I consider the best baseball years ever that are considered desirable. So when I made a swap a few weeks back and acquired some really nice '52 Topps and '53 Bowman color cards, I had to pause and reflect on just how awesome these two sets truly are. I have no full sets. I did as a kid, and I miss that, very much. It was something that at that time, my dad and I both enjoyed together collecting and building those sets. I now wish I never got away from them. I have no false hope of putting together a '52 Topps set at this late point of my life, but I now have the really hard to get or pricey '53 Bowman colors, including Mantle and Reese and others, so why not? After reading through this wonderful blog about your sets, I've decided to give it a go myself. It won't be anything to write home about, condition wise, and I want it to be all raw cards, so please wish me luck. I imagine adding the black and whites to make it an entire set.