View Single Post
Old 09-17-2021, 02:17 PM
Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Nice haul, Gary...

Those are 3 terrific All Star Game Pennants. With regard to the Fenway Pennant, that may be the closest-together set of tassels I've ever seen on a vintage pennant. The Mitchell & Ness reproductions very often have sets of tassels that are closer together than normall. But nothing close to the Fenway pennant you posted.

I'm guessing the laborer was either intoxicated, very tired, or perhaps just messing around to construct it that way. Very bizarre, but a cool find none-the-less!
Thanks Mark. I'm thinking quality control wasn't the main aim for pennant manufacturers back in the day.

Erik, I love that Indians pennant. I like pennants that I can date. There's another similar Indians scroll pennant that I was confusing with yours. This one is from 1950. I don't own this one - but I'd love to. I can date it by the last player on the scroll - Hal Saltzman. He played in the minors from 1947-49 and then picked up by the Indians for the 1950 season but never made it into a game. https://www.baseball-reference.com/bullpen/Hal_Saltzman
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (77.7 KB, 246 views)