View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 04:45 PM
Wimberleycardcollector

For me it's so difficult to tell on the web. In my recent experiences the fakes aren't even close to an original when held in hand. I have recently ordered several reprints so I can be familiar with what they look like. Every single one so far has been on a coated two side stock which means it's slick on both sides. They have a matte (dull) finish but are still coated card stock and not uncoated on the back (rough) like an original. Are there a lot of reprints floating around with an uncoated back? I have yet to see one out of about 30 different ones I've ordered. I know many of the Topps reprints are but they are all clearly marked reprint. I've really been shocked lately at the number of high bids being place on some cards that are obvious reprints with perfectly rounded aged corners, etc. There is a 54 Aaron RC on Ebay right now that looks vintage but if you look closely you can see the bright white edges where the stock has been sanded off and hidden deep down in the really lengthy description it says it's an older reprint. Some of the sellers are really tricky with their use of descriptions to stay out of trouble selling fakes. Ebay should stop the obvious deception attempts.

Last edited by Wimberleycardcollector; 01-11-2021 at 04:50 PM.