View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 11:21 AM
thomas c killeen

Default guilty as charged

1952 topps bids
tck6286

Fri, Jan 22, 2:46 AM (2 days ago)

to Hank

I wish to have transparency as always in my life. Yes I did bid on a few of the cards for these specific reasons.
1) my decision was quick and regretted the Leo Durocher
2) none of the cards that directly affect the registry were bid on as the top pops will be bid in an open manner. Most of the top pops have zero or 1 or 2 bids presently.
3) a father and son team with an eBay rating of 1 were upset i was selling and can only bid on 10 items. They called and asked for bids on HOF cards and Red Sox which I did. ( they do not affect any other bids.) None of you need $20 commons in a PSA 1
4) putting a bid of 20% to 30% of value a few cards to stimulate bidding in general i do not see as detrimental to bidding outcome.
5) if Ted will tell me what cards he likes I will make every effort to see they sell as high as possible to repay all he has done to me and the group inflating and years of shillings and market manipulation. So please ask him to specifically state what cards he wants as I thought he liked overinflated prices to protect his assets.
6) I see the auction as very beneficial to the signed set community as it is bringing attention this esoteric market.
7) the three top set holders have a 209 Howie Fox and this attention only brings value to
theirs.
8) I will sincerely miss the camaraderie of Hank, Tom. In a perverse way Ted will be missed also as I believe the set is truly important to him. He just needs a better understanding of rules of engagement and civility.
9) Had another man ask tonight if I would bid a few cards for him tonight and I would have; however he was disappointed as I just don't think it is worth it.
Tom killeen

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

this is an email i sent to another collector of signed 1952 topps set on Friday January 22nd. Of course i regret my decision and can not undo it. In reality had second thoughts on my decision selling off my set so quickly. Yes this is aslo not the publicity or reputation one wishes to not to have garnered; however I did do these things. tom killeen