View Single Post
Old 08-04-2023, 09:39 AM
Chevrons and Diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
Check out Chevrons and Diamonds on Facebook.
This is a great thread. While we collect baseball militaria in general, I specifically enjoy discovering artifacts from ball players who were combat veterans, regardless of their Hall of Fame status.

The collection focuses entirely upon artifacts that we then use to shed light on the service of these men (and women) who touched the game of baseball whether they served in frontline units, support roles or in morale-boosting activities. Being a veteran myself, I understand that the soldier, airman, sailor and marine standing in harm's way couldn't possibly do their job without the thousands in the rear ensuring that equipment and supplies are available.

The Hall of Famers who served effectively carry the torch for those who have otherwise been forgotten - meaning that without Feller, Spahn, Enos Slaughter, and DiMaggio, most would have forgotten about Cecil Travis, Eddie Waitkus, Ewell Blackwell, Bill Evans, Don Kolloway, and Clarence Maddern.

Chevrons and Diamonds