Thread: Latest Pickups
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2022, 12:57 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

I don't think I've seen even 1 possibly legitimate signed T card of a boxer.

But then again, I'm a sceptic and think most of the signed baseball T cards are frauds as well. The authenticators sure can't seem to tell what's real and what isn't as they keep getting caught certifying cards proven to be fakes as real. That there are almost 0 known signed T cards of a non-baseball subject (There might be a T118 Henson that is real I have seen, that's the only one I can think of) should be a red flag that the large influx of signed T206's and such are awfully convenient. Baseball was very popular, but so was boxing. Some of the post-Glory of Their Times cards are real, but I've lost any faith anyone is actually able to tell which ones are real and which are one of the many, many fakes of those guys.

There were the horribly faked T218's we had a thread on a year or two ago. I've seen a couple other obviously not real ones. This Goldman card was on eBay a couple weeks ago, stated to have a COA that was not shown or even said who from. Someone bet $40 it was real.

If there's a real singed T card of a boxer out there, I'd put my money on it being a Johnny Coulon or a Jim Jeffries.

As Abel Kiviat passed away in 1991, and was apparently in good health for most of his later life, I'd not be surprised if there's a couple modern signed cards of him out there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (80.6 KB, 273 views)

Last edited by G1911; 01-19-2022 at 12:58 PM.