View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 10:30 PM
Michael
Michae! Sh@cter

Default Game Used Questions

Now I have bought some game-used items over the years, but very few as I have never had the knowledge and was already into buying too many things. If I was smart I would have been buying more, especially when I was much younger. I don't have many items but a few of those items are among the most prized items I have now.

I would like some advice on any books or web sites I could look over to educate myself on the subject?

Now, when it comes to baseball, like with baseball cards, I would rather have their minor league jersey(or card) than their major league jersey(or card). Not that I would like both or try to buy their major league one if I see one I can get. In any sport, I would rather have their college or even high school items over their pro items, just my preference. My problem is believing they are legitimate that persons and that it is indeed game used. I do try to research items I am thinking about going after, which is a lot easier with the internet than it was when I started without it.

I see more companies offering photo-matching services, but I don't know if I can trust any photo-matching service. I can just imagine that there are companies that are allowing fakes to go through just like the grading companies are. Now when I was thinking of putting something up for sale on REA a little over a year ago, I was asked to send it off to Mears or another company but I can't remember what the other company was.

What photo-matching companies can I trust their authentication services on items? And who else can I trust their LOA's if it's not photo matched?

Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated.