View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 09:19 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

I use them. They will now post cards on Ebay so for those cards that aren't worth your time they are good.

It can become a money grab for sellers. For instance if you want them listed on Ebay or Amazon you have to accept 80% automatically of the card. Yet if you want to cash out you pay a 20% fee. This comes to 64% of the listing fee for a card that sells on another site that they will list to. This is what causes the listings to be so high sometimes. If they are a hot card I would prefer now to hold onto it and sell it myself. If it is just common players from vintage years or inserts with little stock on COMC those are the cards worth listing and let sit until someone finds them looking to complete a set.

I have decided, for high value cards listing them myself on ebay was the better route. I had cards listed on COMC for a while with $50+ price tags that weren't selling. Had the cards shipped to me and listed them on ebay and got them all sold for the same price (occasionally more) I had them listed at.

Basically I find COMC better for set collectors or team collectors looking for obscure cards. It doesn't work so well (for me) to try and sell the hottest cards from the hottest sets.

When I do sell, I invest in another card(s) that I believe I can get more than 80% for on Ebay after fees. Since, as I mentioned earlier, if I cash out I only get 80% of my money. This usually saves me from losing more money in the end.