Thread: The National
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 04:56 PM
J@son M1ller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_NY View Post
It comes down to economics.

Simply put, National spot holders are given the option to opt for missing one show every five years, and maintaining their priority count.

In 2006, many east coast dealers opted out of the National.

I would support a location that is more centrally located, but would have to opt out again if it was in the West Coast.

The fact remains that many of the premier dealers in the country are getting "older" and driving 3 days is not a pleasant thought.

I would also support a National show in 2 distinct locations -- one on the East Coast and one on the West Coast. Then I could decide to do one ofr both in any year.

These thoughts have all been debated before -- and we have what we have.

Steve
Interesting discussion. I'm not sure I like the East Coast/West Coast thing. I think it would dilute the show and possibly make both falter. I like the one National gathering where we can all get together. It really is a great time. I also don't mind traveling to different cities wherever they may be.

For some reason, maybe I'm crazy, but I think West Coasters are more open to travel than East Coasters. It's a generality but I think we're used to traveling more often to get somewhere and often by plane. Perhaps this isn't as much the case with East Coasters. Anyway, I'd just love to see a variety and a traveling show. Had a great time in Chicago, will do so in Baltimore.

Would also love to see Kansas City, Albuquerque, Oklahoma City, Austin, Tampa Bay, etc.