View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 12:32 PM
R Dixon

Default Let's Talk E90-1

I've only got a couple now, but I plan to start collecting E90-1's with more focus. I've read through some old posts and done some online research, but I still have some questions. First of all, why can't I find a Tris Speaker? This card's been at the top of my want list for a couple of years. One came up in a Goodwin auction a year or so ago, but another board member wanted it worse than me I guess. Had I know I wouldn't see another one for so long I would have made him pay more. Otherwise, I haven't seen another one for sale or auction. Does anyone have any information as to why this card is so tough? Also, what are the other tough cards in the set? I know they were printed over a 3 year period...does anyone have a breakdown of which cards were likely printed in a given year? I guess I could do my own research to try to figure that out, but I was hoping one of you old timers may have already done that and would be willing to share. Also, it seems to me like many of the HOFers come up for auction much more often than the commons. Has anyone else noticed this and is there a good reason for that? I'll probably think of more questions, but I'll stop for now. One last thing...scans always make a threrad much more enjoyable so please show em if you got em.

E90-1 Crawford.jpg