View Single Post
Old 03-09-2021, 05:51 PM
B0b Żwξn9

Default Early 1980s Kelloggs Baseball Card Sets How Do You Separate the Crds?

Any Kellogg's baseball collectors and/or experts out there? Need some suggestions... I recently purchased a few Kellogg's baseball sets mainly from 1980-1983 and I noticed that most of the cards are attached with perforations. My task is to separate them, put them in penny sleeves, and then into card savers. I'd like to submit some of the best looking, best centered stars for grading and store away the rest.

My dilemma is that when I opened the envelope on a 1983 set I found that the perforated tabs were attached onto many of the cards. On some of the separated cards, the perforations would be more pronounced on one card versus the adjacent card causing a nick and/or slight delamination on the card without the perforation.

To separate the cards I would fold the seam inwards and the outwards until the cards come apart. With either a perforated tab or nick showing on each card, I'm not sure what is acceptable for grading.

My questions are:
What is the best technique to pull Kellogg's cards apart to minimize damage?
How should the edges look to get the best grade when centering and corners already close to perfect?
Are perforated tabs acceptable? If, not what is the best way to remove them?

Note: The Thornton pic show excess perforations on right side while the Ray card shows nicks and rough edges on left side. Sorry for the poor pics but thanks for your help and let me know what you think.

Again, thank you for your advice,
Bob

Ray.jpg

Thornton.jpg