View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 08:22 PM
Curt

I remember buying a few of those player patches from a shop back in the 90s.
They were in those little toy/candy vending machine plastic bubble holders. They were not sold via a machine at that time, but he had a box full of them in the plastic capsules. I assumed that is how they were originally sold, but never actually checked on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurri17 View Post
I didn't have much time for the local show yesterday, but managed to pick these up in one purchase. One dealer had brought a large stack of Unitas because he knew I collect Unitas, but as I already had at least one graded, and in some cases more of every one, I decided not to splurge on those. Added these to my early '70s dynasty Dolphins collection. The NFLPA iron ons aren't the most visually striking things ever, but a nice oddball and since I had the Unitas already these jumped out at me. Love both of the Kellogg's football issues, so had to have these as well, on my way to a graded set on these I think. And neither here nor there, but got them all for $32 which I thought was a really good deal without really knowing the values. It was a deal to me regardless.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg rBVaSFtai7GAGr8gAAPTGd8KRdA796.jpg (75.4 KB, 401 views)