View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Default B/S/T Hypothetical Question

Posted By: Joann

I always put a statement in any of my BST posts that says FCFS based on committment to purchase, not on requests for scans or info. So I would sell it to the second guy - to me anyone asking a question or for info should know from the post that the card might get sold while they are thinking, looking, or even waiting for a response. It keeps it simple and clear to do it that way as long as the post makes it clear that a request for info or scan does not cement a spot in line.

As to PayPal, I have a listing on ebay right now where I added a line stating that because of PayPal's buyer protection policies (that essentially make the seller responsible for the entire shipping process) shipping insurance is mandatory if the buyer uses PayPal. I think that's okay - it's not adding a fee to offset the PP fees. It's requiring that the buyer not put me in a position of personally insuring the shipping at no cost to him. I won't do it for cards that won't sell for much, but if I think it's going to get above $50 or so, that's going to be a standard condition in my future auctions.

Joann