Thread: VCP rant
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 08:11 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Default VCP rant

At the beginning of the year, I came into a little money and decided to invest the funds in my collection. I bought a mixture of pre-war and post war (’52-’56 Topps) cards. Last week I decided to sell one of the cards that I bought to put the money in other areas of my collecting focus. The card was a E90 American Caramel Eddie Plank graded SGC 50. I knew that I had purchased it on eBay, but couldn’t remember what I paid for it. I looked up the card on VCP, but they didn’t show the sale.

I knew the approx date of when I purchased the card so I was able to look it up in my PayPal history. I emailed VCP to inform them of their mistake and told them that I have screen shots that would support my claim. Bobby responded back the following day and his reply was simply this, “Since the auction is so old we can not verify it.” That was it. Nothing else. Are you kidding me?

This card in this grade rarely comes up for sale (last time was nearly 2 years ago) so it is important the data be correct. So it got me to thinking, if they didn’t record this sale, what other sales did they miss? I looked in my PayPal history and you would be surprised. I limited my search to only purchases of $200 or more, only pre-war cards and only the month of February. There were 3 purchases involving 4 cards. 3 of those 4 cards were not recorded by VCP (that doesn’t include the Plank card). If you count the Plank, that is 4 of 5 sales that they did not record. Keep in mind I only checked pre-war cards, purchases of $200+ and only sales from the month of February. I’m sure I would get the same results if I searched other purchases.

As buyers and sellers of cards, we put our trust in VCP for reliable data. Is VCP really this incompetent? And when their mistakes are pointed out, shouldn’t they make an effort to correct them rather some stupid BS excuse? I am cancelling my membership with VCP and I will contact my credit card company and dispute the charges. VCP is a joke!

Here is the original Plank that I was referring to, bought from Mike Wheat on or around February 8th. Not recorded in VCP.

Here is a purchase from Joe's Vintage Sportscards on or around February 26th. I only checked the Keeler and McGraw, both sales not reflected on VCP (I'm sure the other 2 cards weren't captured either).

Here is a E90 American Caramel Lajoie that was puchased from Chris Buckler on or about February 13th. Doesn't show up in VCP.

Anybody else having a problem with VCP not recording their sales?