View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 09:52 PM
Curt

I took another gamble on a another oddball signed Maddux card. His signature is such a scribbled mess that it seems hard anyone could really truly authenticate one.

Any opinions on the authenticity of this one?

Kind of like the last one that started the thread, I didn't have the card itself, signed or not. So part of the desire was to get the card itself, but a real signature too would be a fantastic bonus. I don't send cards in for authentication, so I figure my collection probably has a few duds within. I figure if I buy a card, I only spend what I can live with, in case there is an issue. The seller had about a half dozen signed Lykes Braves cards listed at auction, the rest being common names. All were listed at the same starting price. The end price really was too good to be true, so I figure it's either fake or I am one lucky dog when it comes to Mad Dog.

A fake signature essentially ruins the value of the card, but still provides a filler until a better one can be found and doesn't look bad to the untrained eye either.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Maddux Lykes.jpg (71.1 KB, 111 views)