View Single Post
Old 08-08-2003, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Default If you wanted to make a real impact

Posted By: Hankron

I think, if it were to be done, it would be something about two weeks away. This gives times to contact and organize. Second, it would only be a brief boycott, essentially a delay in sales (Instead of putting stuff for sale on Monday, putting Saturday).

The other avenue, other than boycott, which would be positive is to provide introductor education to bidders. This would be done by having a page of simple rules and recources (Standard Catalog, Lew Lipset, discussion boards, etc) essential for smart bidding, and have as many people as possible have a link to this page in their ebay auctions. The page would not be inflamitory, would be simple and basic and would be of something eBay would not object to. If sellers linked to a common page that had common sense rules for smart bidding, I do not beleive eBay would object (The rarely object to link to informational resources, but do to commercial sites and sites for off-auction selling).

As I have probably said one hundred times, one of the major problems in these scams is that some bidder have no knowledge and no idea of where to turn for tips. If the bidders had even a small amount more of knowledge, they would not bid in these auctions. A simple link under the header "Essential Information for begginers" might fit the bill and solve many of the problems.

If this were interest, I would be happy to create such a page.