View Single Post
Old 05-24-2023, 04:04 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinbulldog View Post
Yeah, very little info on the internet about those. Bajonett Serien Samlarbild Sportens Stora translates from the Swedish as Bayonet Series Trading Cards [of] Sports Greats.

There was a Cassius Clay from the same set that sold on eBay a few months ago. As far as I can tell, they were produced as some sort of cross-promotion with a series of Swedish comic books on military history. Why sports cards with military history? I guess it's just the same target demographic (Swedish boys of the 1960s; I like to think Bjorn Borg once collected them). The comic book series seems to have run from 1967-1973, but the few times I have seen the sports cards come up for sale they were always listed as 1965 Bajonett Serien. If that is correct then I guess it is his rookie card; if it's actually from 1967 or later, as seems likely, then I believe he has at least one earlier card (from 1966).
Emerson is in 1966 Ruiz Romero, along with Ashe. I have never seen one for sale, unlike Ashe which I own. Your Emerson is great.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-24-2023 at 04:06 PM.