View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 08:43 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
It’s really odd this year reading all the giddy posts about the National. I’m not going mainly because of work scheduling.
I had a great time every time I went to the National, but hearing all the breathless posts here and on Twitter makes me realize that the whole fraud scandal enveloping corners of the hobby will pass over in like, I don’t know, a month. People are into collecting regardless of how much criminality and fraud permeates it. I feel like screaming at some people acting like little kids rushing to The Disneyland gates for the first time, “you realize the National is full of crooks and criminals and many many scammers of all stripes who will rip you off blind given half the chance, right?” But then I think how cool it is to see all that stuff and talk to the good people. Or who I think are the good people.
Oh well. Looking forward to next year and all the dire posts about no one will go to Atlantic City.
I'd rather just go to a Cubs game. The coolness of the stuff and the "good" people are overrated. I have 30 friends from High school and before. I don't need Salt of the Earth guys like Brent Mastro ramming an ass pounding down my throat. Not that fun, really.

It boils down that people in general are morons. It's why a guy like me with a 2.5 college GPA after 10 years, can make a killing out there. I have just 1/2 a brain and some integrity. It's so easy to shut cards off after this. If you don't stand for something in this life, shame on you.

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 07-31-2019 at 08:46 AM.