View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 05:32 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71buc View Post
Sitting on the runway in Seattle headed to my first National after collecting for almost 50 years. I'm looking forward to it despite all of this drama and larceny. I hope to pick up some unusual items for my very narrow focus on the 71 Pirates. I am probably one of the only people who thinks a 1971 Pirates Wives cookbook is cool. Mazeroski's squirrel recipe looks tempting. With my odd taste and limited budget I'm fairly sure I wont fall prey to any nefarious characters. I do hope to meet a few other fellows who are strange as my family professes me to be. Im looking forward to this show perhaps I'm a fool and a lemming but I have been called worse.
There are 3-4 Booths at the Natty with some killer 1970s Pirates stuff. Came very close to dropping $1,400 on a beautiful Richie Hebner G/U pullover knit jersey. But the seller wouldn’t budge, and I exercised some restraint in passing it over.

Of everything said in this thread, I agree with one thing the most... there are far more good people in the hobby than bad. Yes, the prices are high, but reconnecting with collector friends more than makes up for it.