View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 07:44 PM
Administrator

Default OT: What is the best baseball game you ever attended?

Posted By: TDownham

I am a frequent lurker to the site and I have never responded to any post until this one.
I have gained a lot of knowledge from everyone who posts on this site.
Not only do I collect baseball cards but I also enjoy collecting Detroit Tigers memorabilia.
I must say Leon and everyone who helps maintain this site, it is a joy to read everyday.

Now onto the post.

I must say my favorite baseball games have been all at Comerica Park.
I have traveled to other ballparks but none compare to the special moments that happen in your hometown park.
I have been a season ticket holder since 2003, their worst season ever.
As a teacher, I enjoy sharing my stories with my students about the enjoyment of being at a baseball game.

My top games so far have been:

1. Magglio Ordonez Walk-off HR to send the Tigers to the 2006 World Series.
You can actually watch the homerun at the link here:
imglink:www.cvs.k12.mi.us/tdownham/Videos/mvi_1088.avi
I recorded this on my Cannon camera from my bleacher seats in right field.
I show this to my students every year to introduce why I love the game of baseball.

2. Justin Verlander's No Hitter on June 12, 2007. No camera that day, who would've know!

3. Every game against the New York Yankees in the 2006 ALDS. I could finally explain to my students what baseball is like in Detroit. The energy at the ballpark each game was amazing.

4. The first 2 World Series games held in Comerica Park. I know they only won 1 game but it was still a time I will never forget. Hopefully, they will make it back in the near future.

5. I agree with Joe, the 2005 All Star Game was an event. Went to every game/event held at the park during the week. Watching Abreu crush those HRs in the Homerun Derby was amazing.

Hope you enjoyed reading these and hope the video link works on my website.
I know some of you will laugh when you here me screaming like a woman on that HR by Magglio, my students get a kick out of it every year.

I will post some thing in the future, probably more on the memorabilia side.
Everyone enjoy the holidays,
Tom