View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 12:22 AM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

The corrected linked is relinked above.

With the photos you're offering and if you're good about shipping and all that, if you offer them as $9.99 min bid auctions you could get a good following with time. Especially as the collection comes from the family of a former MLB photographer. I think you want to build up some winners/bidders and feedback, and I don't think it would take long to build a following, as they're nice photos.

I also think consigning some to big auction houses will get you the best return in the short term. Plus, if the auction houses list that the photos come from your uncle's collection (and you could insist that as a condition-- and I don't know why they wouldn't want to list that provenance anyway), that would be free press for your collection. If photos from your uncle's collection are listed in REA or Heritage catalogs, that would boost recognition and prestige for your collection. And you can sell both ways-- consign and on ebay. It's not an either/or.

Unlike Rhys, I don't give free advice. $10. In fact it was such stellar advice, I think Rhys should send me $2 too.

I have more advice, but am going to first wait to make sure the checks don't bounce.

Last edited by drcy; 05-04-2014 at 01:05 AM.