View Single Post
Old 11-30-2021, 11:39 AM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliggity View Post
Is anyone aware of a website that has the text of all HOF plaques? I can find pictures of the plaques themselves, so I can see what is written, but I'm trying to find somewhere where I can copy-and-paste the text into a different document. Haven't been able to find this anywhere so far.

Thanks!
Dan,

I've poked around a bit and can't find a site that has them either. There are a couple related to specific players (like Jeter) who have the text of the plaque written out, but didn't find anything with all the players. Depending on what you want to do, you have a couple options.

You might want to reach out to the HOF as they might have the text versions 'stored' somewhere that they could give you access to, assuring them that you will give proper credit.

Another option might be to use OCR on the plaque pictures. There are some freeware software out there (some better than others). Not sure of comparative quality, but MicroSoft OneNote has a built in OCR ability where you can just copy the picture of the plaque from a website and use the "Copy text from picture" function to grab the text into the clipboard and paste it wherever you want. Quality of the picture will determine how much additional effort is required. Also depends on how many of these you want to do to make it more effort than its worth.

Good luck.