View Single Post
Old 05-14-2005, 11:22 AM
Administrator

Default When is someone going to give the White Sox some love?

Posted By: Josh A.

and see a thread about my Sox!!
I have been a lifelong fan (albeit only 27 yrs), and this is the first time since '94 that I have been really excited about this team. While Julie is correct, and the Sox do tend to fade towards August, I really believe Ozzie has this team geared up, inspired, and fundamentally sound. No August swoon this year!
The Sox will not get any national attention until they make the pennant. Even then, the media will still talk about the Red Sox and Yanks. The bottom line, is that the White Sox haven't deserved the respect yet, due to their annual swoon. But this year is different, I am excited about this team. Clutch hitting, fantastic pitching, and speed.

And to name a few more players for the posters who are not familiar with this team: (caution, there are no catchy nicknames like "Big Six", "Three Fingered" or "The Babe" on this team. Just a rag tag bunch of old-time ball players) Paul Konerko, Joe Crede, Aaron Rowand, Jermaine Dye, Mark Buerhle, Dustan Hermanson, Tadahito Iguchi, Scott Podsednick, just to name a few. Stay tuned, because these kids can play.
Thanks for starting this thread.

"I'm thinking about getting a plasma T.V., in case I need a transfusion."- Steven Wright