View Single Post
Old 01-04-2021, 01:40 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelly423 View Post
Whether you love them or hate them, I think PWCC has identified and exploited a flaw in the grading system. We all know that not all PSA (or SGC, etc.) 4s are the same. I have owned PSA 2.5s that are objectively nicer in hand than many PSA 6s. Eye appeal matters a lot in evaluating a card, and visually appealing cards for a given grade should sell at a premium. I think PWCC's eye appeal system is brilliant marketing.

All that having been said, my opinion of eye appeal is well centered cards without creases. I don't care about corners and edges. For other collectors, good corners and edges are the number one factor in evaluating eye appeal, and creasing/centering don't matter. I don't know how PWCC can consistently designate a card as having strong eye appeal for something that is such a personal opinion. I also wouldn't put it past them to have ulterior motives in designating certain cards as having strong eye appeal.
PWCC's fraudulent eye appeal stickering system means nothing... other than the card is very likely altered/trimmed. See link below with a recent example... just one of hundreds that have been exposed. God only knows how many more remain under the radar...

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1432452

Anyone who's not familiar with this, please do your homework and do not buy into their bullsh*t hype.