View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 07:15 AM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis13 View Post
Yes, it will blow over. As embarrassed as i am to admit this, it took me 40 years to realize people want to feel good and want to be sold the story and enjoy the story. They don’t want the truth. I have many theories why, but basically I believe the story and the myth allows them to escape and for whatever reason, if they are being scammed they would just rather not know.

I learned this in a class I took on sustainable businesses and farm to table restaurants which essentially dont exist. I sat there and listened to a restaurant owner spout off myth after myth and at the end a classmate says “I ate at your place and its the greatest fish I have ever had.” I almost interjected, but I am too tired to educate anymore. You think the baseball card industry is a fraud, the fish industry is a joke:

https://www.tampabay.com/projects/20...farm-to-fable/

But, people dont want to hear it. They want the story and to feel good about the experience. I have no idea why.....and it took 40 years for me to learn to just shut up and not educate, and l as much as I can, restrain myself.
These days everything is a scam...
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.