View Single Post
Old 03-05-2003, 03:37 PM
Administrator

Default Thoughts on if I should do something about this????

Posted By: runscott

But I don't like Todd. I know that doesn't sound very cooperative, and I also realize a lot of people don't like me much - and I'm okay with that, but I see no reason to dilute my words here. Every time I read his voluminous inane responses to every single "PSA or SGC" thread on this board, I bite my lip and close the post...but stupidity really irks me, and this time I lacked the strength to withhold my thoughts.

Todd's correct that I piss a lot of people off, and perhaps as others suspect, I could use some sedatives, but I don't get pissed at EVERYTHING - in fact, I've gone out of my way to praise some dealers that have received unjustified **** from you people. Lately I've attacked the cut-out king quite mercilessly (...and Todd doesn't like that), and I've also attacked the forgery artists (...and I guess Todd doesn't like that either). Like I really care what Todd likes. Actually, I HAVE been bitching a lot lately...and that sucks - I don't like my own attitude sometimes. To sum it up (slowly), though, I'm a bit disappointed in the way the hobby is currently going - too many thieves and weasels showing up and no one seems to give a flip about it. Even the really honest guys out there are being accused of some despicable card dealings. It's kinda like Clinton getting a bj in the White House and everone saying "yeah, but all of them do it..." - we're starting to get too used to thievery and fraud in our hobby. Formerly honest collectors and dealers are starting to sell trimmed cards with watered down disclaimers, when they know damned well the cards are trimmed. Guys with perfect feedback are selling Feldmans as real just to make a quick buck in a tough economy. Kudos to guys like Adam who are also fighting this dirty battle - listen, it's not fun to turn on your email and not know what despicable crap you're going to have to read. Do you think I look forward to it? No, but when I think I can do something, I do it. You guys don't have to - that's your business.

...but I do promise not to further this ridiculous combat - I'll let Todd add another rebuttal and I'll keep my mouth shut. And the next time the PSA vs SGC thing comes up, and Todd adds his 1/2 cents worth, I'll just turn my head and be good.