View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 01:09 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default BCCG and business

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksfan09 View Post
I think if beckett wants to earn more trust and respect in the hobby, they need to do away with bccg. What does that stand for..."Beckett's crappy card grading ?"

I like BVG, and will buy cards of those and like beckett's regular service for new cards, but this is a joke.
I doubt very seriously that BCCG is going to go away. If I were Beckett, and viewed this as Business 101, I wouldn't do away with it either. It fills a niche for the home shopping club, Target, Wal-Mart, K-Mart type stores and clubs. It never was meant to be a vintage grading service. If it says Good or better on the flip, and the grade is 6,7,8 etc.....then the buyer needs to understand what they are buying before they do so. That being said there isn't much doubt the seller, not showing the back and getting it regraded, has some fault here. How many hundreds, or thousands, of times have we said to buy the card and not the holder?

Now, do I think the service is good for Vintage? No, but it's not supposed to be. It's supposed to be good for someone that doesn't want to get stuck with a fake or reprint card that is being sold as real. Forget about the number on the BCCG flips and it's not hard to swallow. If you focus on the number alone then you will be upset.