View Single Post
Old 08-16-2002, 08:05 PM
Administrator

Default Experience with SGC

Posted By: Julie Vognar

Terry Knouse got me a N300 Hamilton. He had a free grade coming from SGC, so had taken advantage of it. The front, they said, was ex-mint (I'd call it ex+-ex-mint--a little too much corner wear), and the back was Good. About a square 3/4 inch of paper loss (very thin paper loss-you could tell the remover had done his best) at the top. Total grade 40. It's sort of hard to accept with such a nice front, but the back really shows up on a Mayo. I know SGC does the same thing with backless cards, like Old Judges, but this seems fairer. ($2300)

I took it out of it's holder.

Seems like no matter how hard I try, I'm getting a mid-grade Mayo collection.

Ayone got a perfect Nichols for 6K? (I don't quite have 6K at the moment, but you know I'm good for it...)

Oh, I also paid Terry for the use of my credit card (which at the moment has 0 APR).

I'm NOT doing that with E and R Galleries, from whom I just bought a Wm. Gleason (NOT "Kid") Scrapps. Also, I can return it. i had a bad experience with them several years ago, and have bought nothing friom them since, even though they have a good rep. If there is one PARTICLE of brown on the front of that card, I'll look them up in the east and strangle them...