View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 10:25 AM
Administrator

Default A question regarding the Mastro trimmed card thread

Posted By: warshawlaw

I didn't say the card was trimmed, Greg. Hal, Seth B, Dan McKee, Leon and Quan did on the other thread. I stated that Mastro "listened to the evidence that the card had been sold before as small and might be even smaller and sharper now". What evidence? The ebay listing says the card is 1 3/8" wide, which is small, and described it as "VG+ - EX with corner rounding". Quan stated: "interesting it went from VG+ to EX with "corner rounding" to 4 EXMT corners". Seth B. opined "this T206 is trimmed on all four sides". Hal stated "This card is clearly trimmed" and "My own dog's ears don't stick up like that" Leon stated "This is the kind of thing that makes me not like grading" Dan McKee stated "Card is blatantly trimmed" Mastro says "it appears to be a hair less than 1-3/8" wide". I opined that the card will likely end up in the inventory of a dealer who doesn't know this board or in the collection of a collector who isn't aware of us. Which is undoubtedly true.

Given all that was said about this card by all these other people, I find it really interesting that you single me out for attack instead of anyone else who posted in the 50+ posts in the 2 threads about this card. Why aren't you going after Leon, Dan, Hal, Seth and Quan? Why did you remain deafeningly silent until I chime in? It is apparent who's got a vendetta here. I could post that the sky is blue and you would contradict it just to pick a fight with me. I am finished with you and with this issue because it is clear where you are coming from.