View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 10:46 PM
Administrator

Default A question regarding the Mastro trimmed card thread

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

I'm not coming to anyones defense here but Greg didn't encapsulate the card in a 6 holder.

I'll be honest with you guys - If I had that card and I had doubts to whether or not it had been trimmed, I'd have probably done the same thing and let the grading service know that I wanted in in an AUTHENTIC holder if they thought it was trimmed. If that card came back to me in a 6 holder I'd have crapped my pants and I would have been overjoyed. Who wouldn't? At that point it becomes a personal delimma. If I personally felt the card was trimmed I would have hoped I would have made the right choice in doing the right thing. Greg, I'm not saying you did the wrong thing so please don't "rip my head off and crap down my throat" Obviously Greg must have felt that PSAs expertise is better his or he trusts PSA and was willing to live with their assesment.

You can't expect every auction house to inspect every card that is consigned to them but cards like this aren't your every day cards. Personally, if it were my auction company I'd have passed it around to the experts in the company for their opinions. In this case Mastronet at least did the right thing by posting the dimensions of the card in the description update. The description change was in red text so they did make sure that the readers were aware of the potential issue with the card.

The fact that the "potential" error by PSA was noticed by so many experienced collectors just goes to show that people are going to notice the green elephant at the zoo. It all boils down to knowing what you're buying before you pull the trigger.

Bottom line is that we should all just go straight to turning this into another PSA BASHING THREAD!!!

They're the ones that slabbed it!!!