View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 08:18 AM
Administrator

Default Irrational Exuberance Low Number High Grade 1933 Goudeys

Posted By: cmoking

I see absolutely nothing wrong with JimC or anyone else asking a dealer to give him return priviledges and telling them he's sending the card to someone else (in this case, Kevin) for approval. If the dealer is not interested in that, then he doesn't have to agree, and there's no sale. Or the buyer has to take the risk himself if he wants to. How often has a guy bought a card in a SGC/PSA holder, only to find that it didn't cross to the other company, and then re-sell it...I think it happens fairly often since people like consistency with their sets.

It looks like Barry isn't interested in doing that (and neither would I if I were an auction house with material on consignment), so Jim won't bid. No big deal, two reasonable people have decided they can't meet each other's requirements, and there's no deal. It happens all the time in life and business, it doesn't mean they have to be antagonists.

I know some guys have cards in PSA holders sent to SGC (and vice versa), and then they only purcahse if the card crosses. That's pretty much the same thing, except the parties are identifiying PSA and SGC as the independent evaluators. Substitute someone else' name, and its no different. Again, the seller doesn't have to agree. I know many sellers wouldn't agree to let anyone send their card in a PSA holder (or SGC) to the rival company and only buy it if it crosses...that's fine too.