View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 09:23 AM
Administrator

Default Irrational Exuberance Low Number High Grade 1933 Goudeys

Posted By: Paul Moss

"Paul - I assume that was sarcasm; they must at a minimum measure the card, no? Also, which grading company do you know that works as you described?"

Though being a sarcastic butthead is one of my claims to fame, in this particular case, no.

A card will be measured if it doesn't look right, but as a matter of procedure for each and every card, no way. The more one handles cards, the easier it is to spot that which is out of the normal accepted parameters. Having toured two of the three major companies, the environment is as described. If I worked under the conditions graders do, I'd become a homicidal maniac by lunchtime on the first day of employment.

Jim

Not trying to bust your chops here. As I stated, if the conditions of sale are established upfront relating to a second opinion, and we agree ahead of time, no problem whatsoever. As for the crossover aspect eh, I suppose it depends on the deal at the time. Of course, if it not only crosses, but comes back at a higher grade, there would of course be a proviso that I am duly compensated accordingly.

The house has to have a little edge in this type of deal.