Thread: vcp help
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 07:48 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by itjclarke View Post
CardTarget is nothing new, and been talked about on the board regularly. I've been using it for months (whenever they started advertising) and think it rocks.. And they seem to be regularly expanding their free database to include new sets.

Couldn't be happier, and between tracking auctions and compiling my own card/price database, and using Cardtarget, I frankly can't imagine paying for the service
I must have been living under a rock, because this is the first that I remember hearing about it (Scott's post above).

Thanks for the info, guys!

Is this going to continue be a free service or do they plan on charging at some point? I'm just curious how they generate revenue? Advertisers?

Anyway, I just went to Card Target for the first time and it's pretty cool and it looks much better than VCP.

I bought a 1955 Topps SGC 84 Jackie Robinson on eBay last month and VCP failed to capture the sale. I know, its not pre-war, but the era of the card shouldn't matter - what's important is VCP is failing to capture sales right and left. Sure enough, Card Target shows it.

Here is a link to the eBay auction...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130935406369

Card Target shows it and VCP does not.

I'm sure if Bobby reads this, he's going to make up some lame excuse just like last time I showed him that VCP was failing to capture sales - said it was a glitch or something, but instead of going back and correcting it, he chose to ignore it. That says a lot about their customer service IMO.

Remind me to cancel my VCP membership tomorrow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Card Target.jpg (63.0 KB, 212 views)
File Type: jpg VCP.jpg (77.5 KB, 210 views)