View Single Post
Old 10-04-2020, 12:03 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetahat View Post
New acquisition ... the Yankees pennant. Common design of course but the condition is virtually perfect and the colors really striking. Hard to find a stadium pennant where the grass is actually green ... seems like you only see it elsewhere in Comiskey/Sox Park pennants. I guess the green paint faded easily?

Additionally this pennant is 100% cloth, including spine and tassels. The LA Dodgers pennant (which I’ve had) is similar. They seem to be better quality, double stitched like Keezer so that the threads and tassels don’t come lose. So I wonder if this Trench or a well made knockoff.
I've been doing the same thing, Greg....

Since vintage pennants have dried up, it's near-impossible to acquire new ones. So I have been upgrading some of my old "Stadium" Pennants. The grass on many of them typically faded to pale yellow over the years, so finding those green ones is a real treat. I just recently found my favorite version (Mr. Red over Crosley Field), but it's hung up in "Postal Hell" right now.

Separate note... I do believe your Uncle Sam Yankees is a knockoff (and not Trench). The tassels are clearly different, as is the artwork. When you put them side by side, it's very clear.

Last edited by perezfan; 10-04-2020 at 12:05 PM.