View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 07:02 PM

Glad you all enjoyed that piece. Mr. Storm is a terrific guy and we should all be grateful that he took the time to share his insight with us.

Of course, the collector in me was a bit surprised (disappointed?) to hear how little he valued the products his company made--and especially the work that went into making them. I simply wasn't expecting that.

BUT, if you're a businessman, then your business is staying in business; and that means you have to be willing to look at your operation in a critical, objective, and emotionally discharged fashion. He also had 300 employees to think about. They depended upon him to make difficult business decisions that would keep the plant running, and their paychecks coming.

I really couldn't fault the guy for putting the business ahead of all other concerns. Had he continued making pennants the old fashion way, Trench would have likely folded by the 1980s, as plenty of other pennant makers had.

Anyway, I appreciate the positive feedback. I'm happy I could share his story with you all.