View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 05:16 PM
Todd Schultz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
Why do you have an REO Speedwagon quote? and give me the Cliff Notes version of what it means, please.

REO has been around over 48 years? Where does the time go.

Speaking of....well not really, but anyone remember Dian Parkinson from the Price is Right, pretty sure you do, can you believe she is now 75!!!!!

https://www.google.com/search?q=Dian...w=1396&bih=657
I have always liked that song, since I was a teenager, and the "You get what you play for" double album, although expensive for a youth of little means, was one of the best music investments of the decade for me. As in, it cost me about 2 cents for every time I played it by the time it warped out. Son of a Poor Man was my favorite on that LP.

Like much music, the song is in the ears of the beholder. Personally, I find it poignant; to me it's one of those some things haven't changed lyrics.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.

Last edited by nolemmings; 07-29-2020 at 05:18 PM.