View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 10:37 AM
Ja.son Hugh.es

This is one of my favorites for the lay person / collector. 6k is a large purchase and the dealer is expected to just pay the juice for the credit card because it's more convenient to you. It seems that he tried to work with you by offering to accept a check which is a large risk for him, but doesn't cost him 3 percent. This is just like most buyers on eBay who expect to lowball everything then want the seller / dealer to pay eBay and PayPal fees because it doesn't cost them a thing.

I understand that it may seem hard for some people to believe that people pay in cash, many big time collectors and dealers do. If you don't have the cash, that is your problem. If you go to the national or any big show, most big time buyers have big time cash on them. This is another reason why most auction houses don't take credit cards. If I am shopping and come across a big ticket item I want and don't have the cash on me, I blame myself not the dealer. Collectibles are a cash business. I don't expect a dealer to bend over backwards for me.