Thread: R,I,P, Meatloaf
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2022, 01:02 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
I actually saw him perform at an outdoor concert at the now long gone Cloverleaf Speedway, in Valley View, Ohio back in June of 1973. He was apparently filling in and performed as lead singer with the Amboy Dukes, who were the opening act. They were followed by Billy Preston, and the headliner, Deep Purple. All for $5! I literally lived about 1 mile down the street from the speedway.

Was the first, and only, concert they ever had there. Deep Purple had a truck break down and got there late. So they ended up playing much later than expected. Residents threatened to sue, so they cancelled the next scheduled show that was supposed to headline Mott the Hoople. And they never scheduled another concert there.
The Amboy Dukes now there's a past blast. Journey to the Center of the Mind. Was Ted Nugent still the guitarist?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.