View Single Post
Old 12-06-2021, 11:31 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsaboy View Post
That's interesting. Locally we experienced the same thing that happened across the country- flippers buying everything in sight. More recently, the flippers seem to have realized that most every product is being way overproduced, and they can't make any money. So things are going to the shelves and sitting, at least for a reasonable time. Walmarts here in Oklahoma have shelves full of product across most sports. There are a very few football and basketball products, plus Bowman Chrome, that the flippers are scooping up. Other than that, they are largely leaving things alone. That has made it much easier for people like me, who still like to hand assemble sets, to get to buy a few packs or a couple of blasters. Where are you located? I'm in Tulsa.
kevin
I'm In Lowell, Ma a bit North of Boston.

Our local one here in Lowell was once pretty good for cards, but they were getting worse even before the pandemic. I'd often see guys searching packs.
But we did get a nice assortment of blasters, and typically at the end of availability the insert ratios were much better than advertised. I suspect if something didn't sell well from Topps they'd put whatever was left into the last batches of outgoing retail packs. Plus we'd get products with lower runs that some other stores didn't get, like soccer cards.

I have a friend that works for target, and he says Our local one has a rep as the worst in the area overall.