View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 10:46 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
Something that amazes me: how few people selling pricey cards have scanners. I would guess that 2/3 of the high end modern cards I see offered for sale do not have quality images provided. At best, someone sets up a stand and decent backdrop and goes for it with the camera phone. I figure if you are going to sell four-figure cards, invest in a decent flatbed scanner to image them.

Yup.

......and the other thing with camera phones and the editing software that comes with them. I've seen people mention they can just straighten, pivot and center camera phone shots with the software in the camera........easy peasy.

Problem with that, when you are editing in that manner, you are actually moving around and stretching pixels (an easy way to get wavy or uneven borders, and stretching of colors in spots)...........not just placing the image where you want. That's fine if you are listing some wall art, boxing posters, magazines and other manner of 3-Dimensional object. Not so much with cards, where collectors are much more exacting about condition details and authenticity.

With scanner software (if you're using the right software), if you are working with a Pre-scan, you are only shifting and tilting the "frame" before you take the actual scan......not already existing Pixels.

Last edited by D. Bergin; 03-03-2021 at 10:47 AM.